Verdant Zeal Marketing Communications Group, a multidisciplinary business solutions provider in Nigeria, Ghana and The Gambia, and with specializations in Branding, Consultancy, PR Management, Media Consulting, Digital Marketing and Events Activation is celebrating its 10th anniversary in March 2017.
As part of its activities, it will host the 6th Annual Innovention Series. The Innovention Series is a brainchild of Verdant Zeal, which was instituted as a platform to examine the question of Africa’s development, hone in on opportunities for growth while focusing on leveraging inherent strengths. It attracts patrons from both the public and private sectors and has become a strong voice in stimulating pragmatic conversations that challenge the status quo.
The 6th edition is themed “HOW TECHNOLOGY IS DRIVING AFRICA’S NEW NARRATIVE” and discussions will border on the growth of SMEs and Innovation as a driving force for economic advancement as well as knowledge and capacity development.
It is believed that the time is now for Africa to push past its inhibitions and take its place with other ICT focused continents. It is expected that by expanding the scope to explore the global and national implications of an ICT focused continent, delegates would derive a more rounded understanding of where we are and how to position for the future.
The series will feature the following speakers:
1. Joel Chimhanda, Founder JC Capital
2. Temie Giwa, Founder, LifeBank
3. Afua Osei, Co-Founder, She Leads Africa
4. Maya Horgan, CEO, Ingressive.co
5. Olalekan Olude, Co-Founder, Jobberman
The session will be moderated by Muyiwa Moyela, Editor-at-Large, Forbes Africa & External Relations Leader, IBM West and Central Africa.
The Innovention Series debuted on March 29, 2012 at the Civic Centre to mark the 5th anniversary of the Verdant Zeal Communications Group. Past editions, themes and keynote speakers include:
• 2012: Between Pessimism and Pragmatism: Nigeria’s Brand Image And Global Competitiveness – Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi
• 2013: Beyond Branding: Building Lasting Values for Nigeria’s Growth – Dr. Kayode Fayemi
• 2014: Growing Leadership Innovation: Lessons for Africa – His Excellency Akufo Nana Addo (Currently the President of Ghana)
• 2015: The Role of Innovation in Creating a New Agenda for National Development – Prof. Pat Utomi
• 2016: The Next Big Thing: Identifying Africa’s Untapped Potential – Prof. Pius Adesanmi
The Innovention Series, over the last 5 years has attracted over 3000 delegates spanning all sectors of the economy, as well as a few expatriates and foreign guests. It has also received wide coverage across various media platforms – Print and Television – and is streamed online for audiences from around the globe.
Participants are CEOs, Business Leads, Functional Directors and Senior Managers whose functions require the making and implementation of business development decisions that influence business growth and profitability in the immediate and long term.